Koh Ker and Beng Mealea are two of Cambodia’s most hidden gems. Koh Ker was the capital of the Khmer Empire from 928 to 944 AD, and Beng Mealea is a massive temple complex that is still largely unexcavated. Both sites are located in the remote jungles of northern Cambodia, and they offer a unique glimpse into the Khmer Empire’s history and culture.
This tour will take you to both Koh Ker and Beng Mealea, and you will have the opportunity to explore these amazing sites at your own pace. You will also have the chance to learn about the history and culture of the Khmer Empire from your knowledgeable guide.
This tour is perfect for those who are looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience and who want to learn more about Cambodia’s rich history.
- Start your day with a pick-up from your hotel in Siem Reap.
- Drive to Koh Ker, which is located about 2 hours from Siem Reap.
- Explore the ruins of Koh Ker, including the main temple, Prasat Thom, Prasat Neang Kmao(Black lady Temple )
- Have lunch at a local restaurant.
- Drive to Beng Mealea, which is located about 1 hour from Koh Ker.
- Explore the ruins of Beng Mealea, including the main temple, Prasat Beng Mealea.
Between 7:30AM-8:30AM, please ready from 7:30AM till pickup before 8:30AM
Pick up from your hotel in Siem Reap Drop off at your hotel in Siem Reap after tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Experience Local English-speaking tour guide
- Cold bottled water during tours (unlimited)
- Extra Fee Koh Ker Temple $15/perperson
- 1-Day Angkor National Park is 37$ per person
- Food and drinks (Meal, snacks, beer, wine)
- Tipping tour guide and driver (recommended)
- Travel insurances
- Book without credit card and pay on the day of the tour
- Private tour is also available
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- For your ventures outside we recommend you leave your airline tickets, passport, and the bulk of your cash/ travellers cheques at your hotel for safekeeping. Just take enough valuables to cover your temples entrance and meal
- No wheelchair accessible
At 8:00am, please be ready at your hotel lobby